Friday, March 11, 2011

chicken tacos with a twist

I bought lots of chicken at 1.29 and so most of the time I am making chicken for dinner. I ran out of recipes so I made up a new one. I loved it. I hope you guys do as well.

I crockpot a whole bunch of chicken with salt, pepper, garlic salt, sugar, sometimes onions. Then I freeze all but what I make for dinner.

Today I pulled one of the containers out of the freezer, shredded it and added about 1/4- 1/2 c. soy sauce, 1/4 c. ketchup, more salt and pepper, 1 tsp gound ginger.

Then just the usual, tomatoes and lettuce and rice but actually no cheese for this one on grilled tortillas with a side of grapes and apples. I just wanted to eat the chicken. (I actually didn't measure the above ingredients so just add or subtract according to have you like it.) It's so easy when you can just pull it out of the freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment