Saturday, March 19, 2011

barbecue or Alfredo pizza pita


Here are some pita pizzas . I love barbecue sauce as my family knows so you can use that or the tomato based pizzas. I pull out seasoned chicken from my freezer already cooked and then add anything you want. Parker loves the peppers and I love the mozzarella cheese. I like pineapple but the kids don't You can top it with parsley. You can also use sausage instead of chicken but much more fattening. aggh.

My favorite is the alfredo sauce yum and you can use spinach or artichoke the ingredients I never use but will with this pizza. The reason I like pitas is that it's fast if you don't have time to make a crust.
ALFREDO SAUCE

4 tablespoons of butter
1/2 teaspoon of salt
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup of cream
3/4 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese grated from a block
Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the flour, salt, milk and cheese. It's important to stir fairly rapidly--cream, when heated, has a tendency to curdle. (I use milk for last fat)Once the ingredients have fairly well homogenized, turn the heat up to medium and stir constantly until the sauce has thickened. Turn the heat down and cover the sauce; Add more or less cheese depending on taste, remembering that adding too much will cause your sauce to thicken.

2 comments:

  1. Monday's are pizza nights here at the hansen house in TX. I am SO going to be trying this little gem out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. update: we made these and they were super cheap and super yummy! We found pita bread for $1 for 6 so it cost us something like .50 a serving

    ReplyDelete