Wednesday, November 30, 2011

White Beans and Brown Rice

Today's recipe came right from my head. Yup didnt follow anything but my intuition. when it comes to making dinner I at times get stumped and dont know what to make. I had been cooking white beans to process and later freeze to use as a substitute for butter in recipes. I left some beans to use for dinner but didnt know what to do with them. Daniel started making brown rice. So I drained the water from the beans and rinsed them off, added some water not to much cuz I wanted to pour it over the rice. I added chicken buiollon and then cut up some onions and threw them in with the beans (cooked in pot) I added salt and pepper to taste, celery flakes, garlic powder, italian seasoning, ground oregano, white pepper, Cumin, and a bit of cayenne pepper. I wanted it to be more creamy i had cream of chicken leftover so i added a few spoonfuls into the mixture. Cook for 10 mins to let the flavors soak in. Daniel said it smelled like curry and sorda tasted like it. Poured it over the rice and mmm mm one tasty made up dish with leftovers. You can follow this recipe to your liking. Sorry i dont have exact measurements.

1 comment:

  1. Yumm! Great thinking Cass! And to help with the beans if you want, I put them in ice cube trays at a size of 1 TBLS each. That way I know how much each is. Then I froze them and bagged them. Perfect! Keep coming up with yummy things. Still need Daniels Secret cookie recipe though... :)

    ReplyDelete